*We are open to fully remote work for this position, and you can be based out of any of the 16 states in which Hearst Magazines does business: NY, TX, FL, MI, CA, TN, VA, AL, CO, IL, MA, MD, NC, NJ, OH, SC.
Media Platforms is the internal technology team of Hearst. We build the next generation of our world class publishing platform using industry leading providers and technologies serving Hearst's many acclaimed brands.
Our team of engineers, product managers, data scientists, and designers build a suite of products to lead the way in shaping and managing the future of publishing. Go to www.mediaplatforms.hearst.com to learn more about our teams, and the brands that we serve.
We are looking for an Architect who will be responsible for the overall technical architecture, strategy and delivery for the organization based on strategic business goals and objectives.
What You'll Do
• Be the principal voice in Architecture Review meetings.
• Makes thoughtful suggestions to architecture presented that both suits the needs of the business as well as the overall scalability, performance and organization of the Media Platforms.
• Defines architectural documentation standards and guidelines.
• Write technical documentation (admin guides), points of views, small presentations, knowledge transfer documentation, contributes to determining internal processes.
• Provide innovative solutions to push the boundaries of technical constraints.
• Collaborate with Development Manager and Director of Engineering to establish collaborative environments between technology and other disciplines.
• Lead technical teams on multiple medium to large sized projects. Also responsible for mentorship and guidance to technical team members in all project activities across multiple projects.
• Constantly identify, evaluate and plan areas for improvement within the existing architecture.
Who You Are
• 10+ years successfully delivering and scaling software design and web development projects.
• 5+ years designing and developing software using Pytho or Node.js.
• 2+ years experience using frameworks like Django / Flask and/or Apollo/React
• 5+ years in database or document modeling, design and development with MySQL or Postgres.
• Proven experience using a distributed software version control systems such as Git. Set up proper forking, rebasing or merging strategy. Set up proper PR and code review process.
• 3+ years experience in managing teams and people.
• Proven experience setting up, configuring, optimizing and scaling web servers.
• Proven experience implementing automated software testing functionality.
• Proven experience developing, deploying and scaling containerized development environments.
• Proven experience optimizing architectures by integrating various caching mechanisms and methodologies.
• Ability to provide clear, detailed and thorough documentation of all software systems, architecture and integration points.
• 7+ years' experience in scaling cloud-ready web applications using Hosting providers such as Amazon Web Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p580-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.