Performance Marketing Associate
We are currently seeking an analytically-minded, creative, motivated and motivating Activation Manager to join our New York based Hearst Digital Media advertising team. In this position, you will lead the execution of custom content programs built in partnership between Hearst Magazines and our advertising clients. The Activation Manager functions as the strategic owner of post-sale activation and execution of each campaign.
You will work collaboratively to scope and deliver projects with our advertisers and internally with our marketing and sales team, branded content team, Hearst ad studio, technical account management, and data studio. This includes detailing deliverables, estimating timelines and resource requirements, optimizing and reporting results against client KPIs. Your goal will be to efficiently manage the development process, successfully deliver advertising projects on time and exceed client performance expectations.
What You'll Do:
The Activation Manager will lead the full post-sale execution for all campaigns, including:
• Plan, coordinate, and implement sold-in custom advertiser-driven campaigns across all Hearst digital properties, including iconic brands such as Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Esquire, Men's Health and Elle and new digital-first brands such as Delish and Best Products.
• Execute custom programs ranging from, but not limited to, custom co-branded content, custom-shot videos, social activations, and high-impact ad units.
• Optimize to client KPIs throughout programs
• Communicate and partner with internal teams (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Editorial, Design, Copy, Social, Legal) and third-party vendors to create custom content and ad products
• Lead both client and internal communication for all assigned programs
• Coordinate delivery of custom content elements in conjunction with display ad campaigns
• Ensure that campaigns launch on time, deliver exactly what was sold, and exceed all given benchmarks by optimizing when necessary
• Summarize, analyze and share results throughout campaigns
• Maintain expert understanding of our ad products and capabilities (i.e. audience extension, research, social strategy, new products, etc). Partners with related teams (Audience Development, Yield/Inventory and Ad Product) in post-sale optimizations as needed.
• Ensure all campaign detail aligns between the media plan, agency IO and Fattail Adbook order and maintain this alignment throughout the campaign lifecycle
• Monitor and optimize campaign metrics for delivery and KPIs; provide detailed reporting and recommendations to all internal and external teams.
• Liaise with Finance and Optimization Managers as needed to close monthly billing
• Work with Data/Analytics and Marketing Teams to product Final Reporting and Campaign Recaps
Who You Are
• You have a minimum of 3-5 years successful experience managing advertising or marketing projects for digital execution
• You are knowledge of standard web applications, rich web technologies
• You have web tracking and reporting expertise using tools such as GoogleAnalytics and Google Ad Manager
• You have demonstrable expertise with QA tools and methodology
• You have very strong organizational skills and eye for detail
• You have the ability to lead a cross-functional project team, juggle multiple projects at one time, and execute against firm deadlines
• You have strong relationship building and communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
Additional experience desired:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Platforms: Monday, CMS, Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager
• Familiarity troubleshooting technical problems in HTML, JS, Flash, HTML5
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.