Vice President - Growth Marketing, Southeast
HBO Max™ is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer streaming platform, offering best in class quality entertainment. HBO Max features the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and much more. The platform launched in the United States in May 2020 and introduced a lower priced, advertising-supported tier in June 2021. HBO Max recently began its global rollout launching in 39 markets across Latin America and the Caribbean, and HBO Max will enter Europe later this year and into next as it begins replacing the HBO-branded streaming services.
About the role:
WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Southeast Asia. Reporting to the MD - HBO Max Southeast Asia & India, the Vice President - Growth Marketing, Southeast Asia will be responsible for effectively and efficiently acquiring subscribers through a wide variety of channels; maximizing the lifetime value of those subscribers, and ultimately, maximizing revenue growth for HBO Max in the region.
This leader will manage teams across Southeast Asian territories responsible for:
• Digital Brand Marketing
• Performance Marketing (SEO, SEM)
• Social Media
• Subscriber Acquisition
• Public Relations and Communications
• Customer Service
What you'll be doing:
• Localizing and executing global HBO Max marketing strategy in Southeast Asia
• Overseeing the marketing budget across all Southeast Asia markets, partnering with finance controllers on budgets, forecasts and ongoing cost analysis
• Directing the execution of digital brand-campaigns and performance marketing campaigns through agencies and in partnership with centralized internal Creative Services teams
• Driving subscriber acquisitions
• Managing consumer retention and satisfaction to maximize consumer lifetime value
• Leading and developing the Public Relations and Communications strategy and goals for HBO Max in the region
• Providing leadership to the HBO Max Southeast Asia Growth Marketing team through goal-setting, performance reviews and team development and partner with HR on compensation decisions for all team members
• Developing and delivering executive briefing materials and positions, to facilitate better engagement with key internal stakeholders in South America and US
What we're looking for:
• The ideal candidate will be a leader with a strong track record of managing and leading a cross-border team (preferably remote/virtual management) in a Southeast Asia-wide role
• Experience of developing and executing marketing strategies for premium brands across multiple Southeast Asian territories
• Data-driven executive with the ability to optimize decisions and campaigns through the use of data
• Commercially and financially astute, used to developing and working with budgets and forecasts
• Demonstrable gravitas, strong personal impact and charisma with exceptional communication skills (fluent written and spoken English is a prerequisite)
• Collaborative and collegiate in approach, commitment to the team and non-hierarchical mindset is important
• Proven ability to blend strategic vision with excellent operational execution
• Significant travel (Southeast Asia and US) is likely
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia: https://www.warnermedia.com.diversity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87e2k-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.