WarnerMedia is expanding HBO Max to India, Southeast Asia and S. Korea (INSEAK). As a key member of the leadership team, the role reports to Managing Director of HBO Max INSEAK and the Global Head of Communications.
The Vice President – Communications INSEAK will be responsible for developing and leading the execution of the public relations, media relations and activations strategy to build brand awareness and ultimately growing our subscriber base and maximizing revenue growth for HBO Max in the region.
The overall objective is to grow and drive the communications strategy, building the local flavor of the HBO Max brand by strengthening the product preference, driving brand awareness and consumer engagement, while maximizing positive exposure in local, regional, and international markets. Key areas of responsibility include content-driven PR (including International and Local Original Productions), media and influencer relations, talent management and digital PR.
Working closely with team members across creative, social and digital media, among other internal groups, this role will drive in-market brand stories and buzz, brand events, activations and promotional brand PR initiatives.
• Increase awareness and consideration of HBO Max throughout INSEAK
• Make the HBO Max brand feel local
• Work in a matrixed organization and provide leadership to country publicity leads, who will dotted line into the role, to plan and execute programming activation campaigns, including experiential, digital and on-site events
• Maximize the coverage of HBO Max in both trade and consumer media, contributing to brand awareness and product value proposition push
• Deliver high-impact public relations and activations that drive earned media and amplify buzz
• Lead brainstorming meetings and develop localized communications strategies for the brand
• Evaluate campaign performance across multiple KPI's and how performance metrics inform and adjust strategies, providing actionable recommendations throughout the campaign lifecycle and future activations
• Generate brand story editorial placements through media relations, content placement, and story pitching
• Manage press and social interviews and media/influencers lists; and develop relationships with key members of these groups
• Lead the promotion of all brand partnerships and promotions with third-party brands across our distribution pipeline to drive subscription and broaden the reach of the campaign
• Provide inputs and leadership on campaign materials and releases
• Work closely with agencies on calendar of activities, storylines, editorial leads, calendars, status reports, and documents related to project campaigns
• Handle a variety of projects concurrently with the ability to prioritize
• Monitoring, collecting and evaluating press and influencer coverage reports as well as competitive monitoring
• Align with HBO Max Communication leads in Europe and Latin America on global messaging
Employees are required to perform other job-related duties as required in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
• 15+ years in driving public relations and external brand communications initiatives across Southeast Asia
• Experience in a studio, network, agency or entertainment firm
• Proven experience developing high-impact public relations and activations campaigns in the market
• Extensive experience developing and driving breakthrough activations and integrated campaigns
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience; MBA a plus
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, meet a high bar of quality throughout
• Strong communication, presentation skills and positive team collaboration is a must
• Good organizational and follow up skills required
• Fluency in English is essential and another Southeast Asian language preferred
• Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining a wide strong network of media contacts and influencers
• Understanding of the current dynamic entertainment landscape, competitive creative campaigns, and consumer trends
• A genuine, enthusiastic, and passionate fan of Warner Media (HBO Max) with excitement for our content and product
• Experience of influencing and communicating brilliantly across cross-functional and matrixed organizations at all levels
• Able to be a top contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxq12-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.