HBO Service Corporation seeks a Technical Program Manager I for the Code Labs Engineering department.
As Technical Release Manager the ideal candidate will know their process for releasing software globally, and be passionate about using, modeling, and teaching that process thereby increasing their teammate's productivity. Should be able to influence the quality bar of the product in an organization where the quality bar is owned by engineer and design. As a Release Manager, you will know how to make the rational and thoughtful tradeoffs required in order to deliver a global product while maintaining a healthy team and healthy business relationships.
The successful candidate will work closely with internal and external platform teams, Product Management, Design, Product Developments, Business Managers, Marketing and the leadership team to release WarnerMedia's global strategic direct-to-consumer streaming experiences. This global client portfolio spans mobile, connected televisions, and desktop clients. In close partnership with Program Managers, development and leadership, the Release Manager will work to help define new release and change-management processes, work with external Client partners, and clearly communicate status of releases to all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will embrace our Product-Focused culture and development philosophy by actively involving and engaging the entire team to drive Collaborative Cross-Functional solutions. Our product-development teams work with Release Managers to help scale our global delivery of our many platforms and help Warner Media achieve our goals. To this end, the successful candidate must possess strong negotiation and cross-functional communication skills.
• Organize Releases, track and manage risks to Release timelines and drive resolutions
• Define and evolve existing frameworks for release management activities such as flighting, feature tracking, app store submissions, SLAs with stakeholders based on data analysis and more. Then drive alignment across all stakeholders
• Work with cross-functional team leadership to establish goals and milestones that align with our requirements, raise risks and dependencies, and drive towards cross-team collaborative solutions
• Work with development teams to identify roadblocks before they occur and help develop mitigating plans of action
• Communicate the impact of feature or schedule changes to teams that are potentially affected
• Communicate how product-level goals fit into, and are influenced by, larger divisional goals, and how the team's work impacts the success or failure of the division
• Identify and document the requirements for a Release and get stakeholder sign-off
• 1+ years of experience on multiple technical projects with a track record of success in delivering global services and applications
• A minimum of 1 year prior release management experience with strong knowledge in releasing clients via external partners (Apple, Amazon, Roku, Samsung, Google and Sony) on variety of platforms including legal entity setup and global application deployment
• Ideally, 1years of experience working with large scale data collection, processing, analysis systems
• Strong understanding of cloud based application development, agile driven processes that includes CI/CD, Branching and Code versioning
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team
• Strong understanding of development methodologies including waterfall, agile, and scaled agile
• Able to clearly, concisely, and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to project stakeholders
• Able to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous or competing priorities
• Familiarity working with experimentation, feature flighting, or A/B testing from an engineering team, or business perspective
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness
• Participates in change management practices by maintaining a release repository and release notifications
• Ability to travel up to once a quarter
The Nice to Haves
• Entertainment or media industry experience
• Experience with Jenkins and Github is a plus
• Familiar with slack, email, web conferencing, Jira/Confluence
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness
• Understanding of localization processes
• Bachelor's Degree or an advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field preferred; software development experience is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y746-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.