QA Automation Engineer
New York, NY
This position will be a member of Media Software Engineering (MSE) team within the Media Supply Chain (MSC) department within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The MSE team is a global software engineering group based in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Buenos Aires responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems and workflows on a global scale through its Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) in support of WarnerMedia's Direct-To-Consumer platform HBO Max and its Linear & On Demand MVPD Affiliates, Electronic Sell Through and Home Entertainment services.
Media Supply Chain (MSC) is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for rights management, scheduling, image & asset metadata management, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and archive/preservation. We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences to ensure the best consumer experience.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Technical Leader with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to accelerate the efficiency of our engineering operations and implement scalable infrastructure on AWS. The successful candidate must demonstrate a successful track record in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoy learning and applying new technologies, and thrive in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
• Design and implement architecturally sound solutions in AWS cloud environment
• Work on architecture initiatives such as hybrid cloud strategy, container orchestration, and application lifecycle management
• Drive adoption of technologies and processes enabling agile delivery of secure, maintainable and scalable cloud solutions
• Develop and support automation patterns and processes that enable teams to deploy and maintain applications on AWS
• Document and promote architectural guidelines and recommendations for both business and technical audiences
• Mentor technical team members to enhance their skillset
• 5+ years of established track record in architecting and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on cloud and on-prem environments
• Expert knowledge in various AWS technologies such as VPC, subnets, Security Groups, EC2, S3, IAM, Route 53, Lambda, ECS, Fargate, SAM, SQS, SNS, WAF, API Gateway, Cognito. (AWS Solution Architect certification is desirable.)
• Hands-on experience in Terraform, Docker, MongoDB, ELK, Git, and Jenkins
• Hands-on experience in supporting RESTful APIs, event-driven workflows, and microservices architectures
• Familiarity with domain-driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix
• Background in network and security architectures
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO Max, HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.