The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all WarnerMedia affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Technical Lead with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. The successful candidate will work closely with product/project managers, users, development staff, and senior leadership to lead design, develop and deploy encoding and content distribution solutions.
• Lead a team of developers to effectively implement solutions and deliver production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
• Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployment
• Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
• Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
• Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
• Minimum of 6 years of experience as a software engineer
• Expertise in designing and implementing systems on AWS or Azure using ECS, Lambda, and SNS/SQS
• Expertise in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
• Hands-on experience with a UI framework such as Angular or React.js
• Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Experience monitoring and alerting applications using ELK, CloudWatch, and/or AppDynamics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zok1-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.