Manager, Data Platforms and Services
This position will be a member of Media Software Engineering (MSE) team within the Media Supply Chain (MSC) department within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The MSE team is a global software engineering group based in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, London, Buenos Aires responsible to build and maintain mission-critical applications, systems and workflows on a global scale through its Global Media Supply Chain (GMSC) in support of WarnerMedia's Direct-To-Consumer platform HBO Max and its Linear & On Demand MVPD Affiliates, Electronic Sell Through and Home Entertainment services.
Media Supply Chain (MSC) is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for rights management, scheduling, image & asset metadata management, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and archive/preservation. We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences to ensure the best consumer experience.
WarnerMedia is looking for a hands-on Technical Lead with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. The successful candidate will work closely with product/project managers, users, development staff, and senior leadership to lead design, develop and deploy encoding and content distribution solutions.
• Lead a team of developers to effectively implement solutions and deliver production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
• Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployment
• Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team
• Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
• Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java. Node.js or scripting languages a plus
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and business team members
• Expertise in designing and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS
• Expertise in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
• Hands-on experience with a UI framework such as Angular or React.js
• Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins and Git
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Advise development team on implementations, and serve as a key decision-maker
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
• Experience monitoring and alerting applications using ELK, CloudWatch, and/or AppDynamics
• Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development
• Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask
• Ability to excel in an agile development environment and create a positive influence
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO Max, HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.