WarnerMedia seeks a SVP, Direct-to-Consumer Marketing for the Acquisition Growth Market department.
The SVP of Direct-to-Consumer Marketing is responsible for building the vision and executing the holistic media strategy, spanning the entire Marketing budget, for all of HBO Max. The role also includes leading the growth marketing function to drive the overall subscriber base and revenue. We are seeking a world-class leader who can influence a large team including, Editorial, Creative Services and Campaign Management, Media, and Partner Marketing. This leader will oversee the strategy for Media planning across Brand, Originals and subscriber acquisition managing a (1.5B) marketing budget. The role requires strong partnership within the Direct-to-Consumer business unit and across Warner Media to drive alignment and engagement of marketing campaigns.
• Provide vision and leadership for the entire US HBO Max media strategy. This includes defining objectives for success, partnering with key internal and agency constituents and building an integrated plan that meets the stated Brand, Content and Subscriber objectives and key performance indicators.
• Drive performance management of our US Subscriber growth through common retail trading practices, customer penetration analysis and Marketing contribution best practices. Build consistent and repeatable retail instrumentation and operational processes for driving clarity of performance and creating common views for making daily (weekly, monthly) critical investment and operating decisions.
• Build internal capabilities across all digital media functions, and build 'in house' talent and repeatable processes that can have us operate without agency resources by mid-2022.
• Devise strategy to increase the acquisition for HBO Max. This includes identifying and prioritizing consumer segments, verticals, and opportunities best aligned with the company's overall strategy.
• Proactively collaborate cross-functionally with Brand, Content, Originals, other Marketing teams and key stakeholders to ensure alignment on growth marketing plans and initiatives to maximize subscriber growth.
• Oversee the creation and development of HBO Max's editorial strategy to create an engaging, seamless and personalized user experience, leveraging WM's rich content library while delivering on performance goals.
• Direct the development of annual, quarterly and monthly plans outlining targets and how the growth marketing team will execute against those, including KPIs and performance.
• Partner closely with data science and analytics leaders to build and evaluate attribution and segmentation models, leveraging data to continually analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives. Maintain comprehensive, clear and concise reporting that paints an accurate picture of the growth marketing strategy and performance to key internal stakeholders.
• Own the media agency relationships for Direct-to-Consumer to ensure the successful delivery and execution of paid media campaigns.
• Manage marketing budgets and align marketing activities to increase customer lifetime value while maximizing subscriber acquisition costs.
• Manage the growth marketing team with clear goals and expectations, while cultivating a data-driven mindset and culture of experimentation, testing and continuous
• Demonstrated leadership ability towards achieving the highest standards of team performance; including. attracting and developing diverse talent and delivering break-through team results.
• Demonstrated success in leading with integrity.
• A bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
• 15 + years of experience in increasingly larger leadership roles within Direct-to-Consumer, retail e-commerce or Marketplace organizations.
• Strong financial and general business acumen.
• Experience establishing and managing large budgets with a strong record of making bold investment and tradeoff decisions.
• Proven track record of managing an integrated marketing function.
• Proven results improving direct and digital marketing results
• Strong understanding of quantitative methodologies and the ability to draw actionable insights from large quantities of data. Experience with building and fostering a culture of testing, tracking and analyzing results.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams. Strong interpersonal and judgment skills to influence internal and external teams.
• Consistent success and results in a highly-matrixed environment, coupled with strong credibility and a reputation for achieving goals with limited resources.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnko5k-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.