Your New Role
The Global Streaming Strategy Team is responsible for the development and execution of global strategic plans for Warner Bros. Discovery's streaming initiatives (including HBO Max and Discovery+). As part of the larger Streaming and Interactive organization, the team executes on detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to further the strategic priorities of our streaming platforms.
We are looking for a Manger, based in Singapore, who will provide strategic support on various projects covering HBO Max, HBO GO, Discovery+ and other streaming / direct-to-consumer initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Streaming Strategy, this Manager will work on a variety of cross-functional strategic projects for the Streaming and Interactive organization, specifically with a focus on expanding our Direct-to-Consumer presence in the APAC region. This role involves working closely with members of the senior leadership team in APAC.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Responsible for business analysis and insights, business planning, regional operating processes and managing cross-functional projects by building strong relationships across the company.
• Evaluate and execute on strategic market opportunities and identify and solve operational problems.
• Step in and execute alongside or in place of functions when needed as well on special projects as identified by your manager or other members of the leadership team.
• Develop strategic and financial business plans for the launch of DTC businesses.
• Demonstrate knowledge of financial principles and understand the key drivers of the DTC business specific to APAC.
• Perform detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis to help determine optimal plans for launch and expansion including supporting LRP and budget submission process.
• Collaborate with internal partners such as Finance, Legal, and Technology, and work with the local international teams to help develop GTM strategies.
• Write and present well-argued and structured presentations to senior management.
• Build clear and concise presentation decks, translating complex business stories into an easy-to-understand narrative.
• Develop and sustain working relationships with executives across Warner Bros Discovery.
Qualifications & Experience
• 5 + years of work experience preferred that includes one or a combination of the following:
• Management consulting or Investment Banking within the Media, Technology, or Telecom practice.
• Strategy, corporate development, or business development at a media, sports, technology, or direct-to-consumer company.
• Experience with streaming, subscription, and/or sports businesses preferred.
• Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred.
• Strong communication skills and a keen eye for presentation design with the ability to distil complex concepts and analysis into clear, easy-to-understand presentations for senior executives.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage many stakeholders and multiple simultaneous asks.
• Passionate about media and entertainment with a voracious appetite for industry news (e.g. on content, streaming services, linear ecosystem, advertising evolution, sports landscape).
• Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative DNA.
• High level of integrity, strong work ethic, deep intellectual curiosity, and out-of-the-box thinking ability.
• Experience using modeling and analysis to inform key business decisions (building forecast P&Ls, ROI and breakeven analysis, etc.).
• Ability to thrive and take initiative in fast-paced, ambiguous situations.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmo74v-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.