Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager to drive the development of clients and platforms used for the HBO Max streaming service. This position is an engineering- and technology-focused role requiring experience shipping multiple products across multiple device platforms using a variety of process, engineering, and operational methodologies.
As a TPM at WarnerMedia, you know how to navigate the goals, plans, challenges, and solutions for shipping software. You're passionate about using, modeling, and teaching that process to your team and colleagues. You know how to make rational and thoughtful trade-offs to deliver while maintaining healthy team and organizational relationships.
You'll work closely with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, product managers. You will embrace our inclusive culture and development philosophy by actively involving and engaging the entire team regardless of title or reporting structure. You'll stay focused on delivering to the right goals and executing in a way that is consistent with the team's development methodology. You have strong negotiation and cross-functional communication skills.
• Manage cross-functional communication across multiple development teams and dependent groups.
• Provide knowledgeable feedback in technical discussions about solution design and implementation.
• Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on both internal and external development teams as deliverables change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices.
• Establish schedule, goals, and milestones that align with cross-functional team dependencies and strategic goals.
• Extract and document implementation details in collaboration with cross-functional teams and identify roadblocks before they occur.
• Define engineering implementation requirements based on UI/UX designs.
• Improve team velocity through smart planning and healthy retrospectives.
• Holding meetings … except when meetings should be emails.
• 8+ years of experience on multiple technical projects.
• Experience with platform engineering teams, including selection, development, adoption, and conversion to client frameworks, capability libraries, CI/CD service pipelines, and platform services.
• Experience with work issue tracking systems like Jira, YouTrack, and/or Visual Studio Teams.
• Experience authoring features and specifications used for planning, review, and implementation.
• Experience documenting existing technical systems and training users in complex functional, operational, and managerial procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including diplomacy, negotiation, and problem resolution.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong understanding of software development methodologies including waterfall and agile (including Lean and/or Scaled Agile Framework).
• Able to function effectively in ambiguity with frequently changing and sometimes conflicting goals.
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
The Nice to Haves
• Ability to read and interpret TypeScript, C++, and/or Node.js.
• Experience with Roku, iOS/tvOS, and Android development
• Media, entertainment, and/or games industry experience is a plus.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands