Staff Technical Program Manager, Architectural Excellence - HBO Max
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession ® , Watchmen ® , Westworld ® , Big Little Lies ® , Game of Thrones ® , The Sopranos ® , Band of Brothers ® and The Wire ® , as well as comedy series Barry ® , Insecure ® and Sex and the City ® . HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
As a Staff Technical Program Manager, you will drive execution of large-scale technical and architectural work to significantly improve our architectural agility and resilience. These strategic platform investments may include major overhauls or replacement of central technologies with impacts on how the HBO Max technology stack is built, operates, and scales. You will engage with leaders across the organization to plan and execute this work by gaining consensus and coordinating roadmaps across multiple teams as well as continually assessing the landscape and changing needs. You will drive key program deliverables, communicate regularly with senior leadership, stakeholders, and manage dependencies, risks, and escalations.
• Define problem statements with data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders.
• Direct engagement with senior leaders to identify near term improvements that are aligned with long term strategic goals.
• Provide knowledgeable feedback in technical discussions about solution design and implementation.
• Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on development teams as deliverables change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices.
• Extract and document implementation details in collaboration with cross-functional teams and identify roadblocks before they occur.
• Maintain a quarterly view of defined, prioritized, and scoped work for execution by engineering teams.
• Work with cross-functional teams to intake, define, identify risks, and schedule work to develop key features.
• Formulate a point of view on how proposed features align with business goals and our tech strategy.
• 8+ years of experience in Technical Program Management or a similar role (e.g., product management, project management).
• Ability to drive the definition of project scope and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational and business requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications to executive leadership, and across the organization and to external partners.
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up.
• First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management.
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness.
The Nice to Haves
• Entertainment or media industry experience.
• Experience working with consumer facing products.
• Familiar with slack, email, web conferencing, Jira/Confluence.
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw68v-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.