Software Engineer, Content Personalization
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
As a Staff Technical Program Manager, you will be a part of our Direct To Consumer Technology organization and help evolve our cloud infrastructure and service platform to a truly global scale. You will drive initiatives to define our cloud infrastructure architecture, standardize platform service processes, optimize live site performance, and be a key participant in strategic scaling, availability, cost, and traffic analysis initiatives at the enterprise level. You will use data to make data driven decisions that inform platform investments and optimizations. You will drive key program deliverables, communicate regularly with engineering leaders, senior leadership, about progress, risks, dependencies, and escalations. You will play a critical role in our platform and cloud infrastructure and assist in shaping how we prioritize, staff, and execute on the realization of becoming the first choice in digital entertainment for our customers.
• Direct engagement with the VP, and senior leaders, in the Technology Operations org to identify near term improvements that are aligned with long term strategic goals
• Maintain a quarterly view of defined, prioritized, and scoped work for execution by platform and infrastructure engineering teams
• Drive large, cross-cutting initiatives that require a balance of breadth and depth through the full product development lifecycle
• Drive data driven discussions for cloud investments, platform optimizations, and process improvements
• Understand how features are delivering value to our customers and business using service metrics and KPIs
• Formulate a point of view on business goals and our technical strategy
• Collaborate and coordinate strategic workstreams across multiple technology organizations (internal, external, and key service providers) to ensure alignment, and effective communications
• 8+ years of experience in technical program management or a similar role (e.g., Operations Program Management, Service Engineering, Availability and Operational Excellence)
• Experience working with teams that develop, configure, and maintain service platforms, and cloud infrastructure for large scale services
• Analytical skills to dive into usage, availability, and performance metrics data to inform technical, business, and platform experience decisions
• Exceptionally strong communicator (written and verbal), including the ability to target communications up, down, and across the organization and to external partners
• Possesses deep technical acumen and experience working with the business drivers within Infrastructure and Operational Excellence arenas.
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up
• First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with a combination of date-driven, business, scaling, and availability timelines. You excel at leading projects through periods of ambiguity, and demonstrate the ability of managing risk without generating artificial alarm
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness
• Experience with agile software development methodologies