App Implementation Manager
New York, NY
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
HBO Max is a multiplatform experience, where consumers can watch their favorite shows either at home or on the go. A large architecture of systems for curation, behavioral understanding and operational visibility supports the enormous content library available on HBO Max. Consistency of data submission across each platform is essential to properly understand business impacts and operational performance. To enable standardized experimentation and data collection, we are building out libraries that will unify the modelling, collection, formatting and submission of events to our data pipeline. You will lead the cross organization effort for data consistency by architecting SDKs that unify multiple forms of data submission across all platforms available for HBO Max.
• Design and architect SDKs for the data pipeline and experimentation platform
• Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
• Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
• You are a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution
• Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 7+ years of relevant experience
• Experience architecting cross platform libraries or supporting multiple language libraries..
• Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
The Nice to Haves
• Experience building large-scale data mining systems, possibly involving real-world noisy data
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Have led the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interacted with multiple teams
• Have experience as a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices