Staff Software Engineer - HBO Max
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
The Content Personalization team for HBO Max directs customers to the content they are interested in at a very large scale by leveraging cutting-edge machine learning and cloud computing technologies. As part of the Personalization team, your role will include working with data science teams to create machine-learned models and building a framework to quickly bring those models and their subsequent iterations into production and use the insights to optimize the customer experience at a large scale.
As the Engineering Manager of our Content Personalization team, you will work across Engineering, Product, and Program to ensure the delivery of high-quality services at a global scale. You'll lead the team, work with data science teams to create machine-learned models, and build a framework to quickly bring those models and their subsequent iterations into production and use the insights to optimize the customer experience at a large scale. You will own and drive the technical roadmap for your teams and provide leadership that creates an environment of innovation, ownership, delivering with quality, as well as fostering a culture of inclusion and knowledge sharing.
• Design, architect, and support the personalization solutions that provide engaging experiences to our customers.
• Collaborating with team members and cross-functional teams to define and identify opportunities to improve the personalization experience.
• You'll become an industry expert in the world of content personalization
• Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
• You are a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution
• Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Proactively identifies and leads projects to improve automation of development, test, and operational processes across teams.
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
• 8+ years of experience in design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects
• A strong understanding of large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
• Experience with cross-team coordination and collaboration
• Experience with dev-ops and 24x7 operational support for the production systems
• Hold yourself and your team high standards while maintaining respectful relationships
The Nice to Haves
• Machine learning or machine learning engineer experience will be a strong plus
• Experience with growing other engineers, defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn2x3-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.