Staff Software Engineer - Digital
WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the world's largest TV, film, and interactive studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, and Otter Media including Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and more.
In May 2020, WarnerMedia technology launched an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service, HBO Max, which brings together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia and AT&T's broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive and immersive content, distinguished news and entertainment reporting, and much more - all in one digital destination.
The Content Discovery Personalization team for HBO Max directs customers to the content they are interested in at a very large scale by leveraging cutting-edge machine learning and cloud computing technologies. As part of the Personalization team, your role will include working with data science teams to create machine-learned models and building a framework to quickly bring those models and their subsequent iterations into production and use the insights to optimize the customer experience at a large scale. Your responsibility will include both bringing models to production and enabling others to do the same. The framework you define will lay the foundation for a seamless pipeline that decreases the cost of launching ML models to increase the throughput of experimentation and experience optimization.
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
• 7+ years of experience in design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects
• A strong understanding of large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
• Experience with cross-team coordination and collaboration
• Experience with dev-ops and 24x7 operational support for the production systems
• Hold yourself and your team high standards while maintaining respectful relationships
The Nice to Have
• Machine learning or machine learning engineer experience will be a strong plus
• Experience with growing other engineers, defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology