App Implementation Manager
New York, NY
Find out more information at HBOMax.com .
We power the most critical HBO Max user experience - watching video - across all mobile, desktop, and connected devices. The Core Media Engine bridges the gap between cross-platform UI and platform-specific video playback. The next generation of our Core Media Engine will go deeper with platform-optimized video streaming, buffering, and rendering, using state of the art techniques to provide the best possible video quality.
As a Senior Manager of Engineering on WarnerMedia's Core Media Engine team, you will lead the team that builds and supports the client-side components for our HBO Max streaming video application. You will own client-side video from the network to glass, including video profile selection, digital rights management and licensing, rendering, telemetry and on-the-fly stream optimization. You will interface with the appropriate low-level systems on each platform to build the best possible streaming experience for our customers.
• Influence the technical agenda for the Core Media Engine and the critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
• Work across teams and disciplines to explore technical solutions and evaluate technical tradeoffs, using the latest streaming media technologies and video capabilities
• Improve your team's development, test, and operations practices.
• Coach the engineers on the team both technically and through growing in their careers
• Possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Have 5+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
• Have experience directly managing a team of software engineers
• Work with other leads and peers in other departments to build a roadmap for your team
• Have experience developing applications for video streaming or similar technology
The Nice to Haves
• Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
• 7+ years of experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience in management
• Experience working on multiple different mobile/desktop/tv platforms
• Experience in video streaming technology (e.g. ExoPlayer, AVFoundation, HTML5 video, DASH, HLS, DRM)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.