As part of the Content Discovery: Experience Team, you would be part of the team that owns the user experience when using HBO Max across all of our supported platforms. We work closely with design to develop the technology needed to bring to life new ways of browsing our vast content catalog. We own the user interaction for experiences such as Recommendations, My List, Continue Watching, Kids, Search, and Voice Control, along with UI elements like Tiles, Grids, Carousels, Menus, and more.
For HBO Max, we are extending our app framework to be more dynamic, personalized, and feature-rich. We are building the experiences that get our millions of customers the entertainment they want in new and exciting ways.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your professional and technical skills.
• Build engaging and intuitive user experiences.
• Work directly with with product and program management to bring features to life
• Work with other engineering teams and designers to improve user experience
• Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers
• Get the opportunity to have impact across wide areas of the product
• Have a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
• To be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems.
• Maintain high quality coding standards for yourself and your team.
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
The Nice to Haves
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences
• Hands-on experience with web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development