HBO Max is looking for a motivated Staff Data Scientist to build forecasting models for HBO Max products. As a Staff Data Scientist, you will partner closely with the HBO Max content intelligence team, marketing team, corporate strategy team, and finance team to help them understand how HBO Max content, marketing activities, consumer behavior, and competitive environment impacts HBO Max subscriber growth.
• Design, build, improve machine learning models. Apply model algorithms, features generation/transformation/selection and confidently interpret model results and defend your forecast
• The forecasting models include, but are not limited to, acquisition, retention, engagement, lifetime value
• Constantly exploring new features, new ways of using existing data to improve the accuracy of the models
• Leverage natural experiments with existing data to quantify impact of key attributes and events
• Apply causal model to show cause-effect relationship between acquisition/retention and factors affecting it
• Develop forecast roadmaps for R&D, production, QA and manage expectations and deliverables.
• Research best in class modeling techniques and methods to improve forecasting
• Capture business requirements for data science solutions and communicate data science output and recommendations to inform business strategies
• Create dashboards/reports to share forecast with internal/external stakeholders and leadership
• Present analysis to business partners and senior leadership and make recommendations
• Graduate degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering or other quantitative disciplines
• 8+ years of relevant experience in machine learning, AI and data science with proven track record to drive innovation and business impact
• Strong expertise in machine learning, data science, statistical modeling such as ARIMA time series, regression, XGBoost, ensembles, causal inference and NLP
• Proficiency in machine learning language and platforms (Python, R, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
• Proficiency in dashboarding language (Tableau, Looker, etc.) or equivalent
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Google Slides/Sheets
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Subscription-based business experience preferred
• Digital marketing analytics experience is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw83yp-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.