UX Research is an essential part of the HBO Max product design process ensuring the viewer experience is as rewarding and user-friendly as it is entertaining.
As a Senior UX Researcher for Profiles & Personalization, you will help drive a research program for product onboarding, profiles, and personalization workstreams equipping product design teams with high impact research from early stage exploratory UX research to later stage usability testing for feature launch.
The focus for this role includes, but is not limited to service design, buy flows, accounts, settings, and personalized features across all devices and platforms. This role collaborates heavily with partner teams like growth marketing, customer support, and accessibility advocacy.
• Create a research program for Profiles & Personalization and bring a user-centered design approach to the strategy and design for a personalized experience of HBO Max.
• Collaborate with designers, project managers, and engineers to identify research roadmap activities to support product feature releases and future concepts for exploration.
• Participate in team innovation sprints and incorporate user centered design activities throughout the product design process.
• Help plan and conduct all research including, project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, legal logistics, technical logistics, study moderation, data analysis, reporting, and team communication.
• Conduct feature prioritization and benchmarking studies to identify user needs and evaluate success of HBO Max.
• Conduct research within an Agile framework including, project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, legal logistics, technical logistics, study moderation, data analysis, reporting, and team communication.
• Depending on the scope and complexity of research, you may plan and execute studies as a sole researcher or you may lead and manage a small team to perform the work.
• Initiate and oversee the execution of each research effort.
• Work with a cross-functional team to prioritize areas of focus for research.
• Consult on human factors, UCD best practices, and recommend research activities.
• Manage, supervise, and support junior to senior UX Researchers.
• Help grow the UXR team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, acquire new tools and resources for the lab, and help teams understand and apply best practices.
• Experience working on digital media and entertainment experiences involving content search, browse, and play
• Experience testing TV consoles and remotes, gaming consoles and remotes, phone, tablet, desktop, and voice.
• 5+ years experience in a UX Researcher role on a product development team or consultant group
• Graduate degree in Engineering Human Factors, Human-Computer
• Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a closely related field.
• Experience working on interdisciplinary product development teams with large stakeholder groups
• Project scoping, budgeting, scheduling and resource management of multiple simultaneous user research efforts.
• Expert in experimental design for qualitative research, user-centered design methodology, data analysis, and reporting and communicating results.
• Expert in study session moderation/facilitation for in-depth-interviews, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies, and contextual inquiry.
• Strong command of a broad set of qualitative and quantitative user research methods with the ability to discern and recommend the right method(s) for a project.
• Demonstrated ability to define and implement Agile UX research practices.
• Strong client-management skills; ability to adapt to a variety of individual styles and approaches in order to deliver the appropriate insights and support each requires
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67zpj-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.