The Sr. Technical Writer/Full Stack Engineer will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The position will be responsible for the full lifecycle of documentation from requirements through creation to hands on software development and delivery. The position will manage application launches and software maintenance from inception to launch. The Sr. Technical Writer/Full Stack Engineer must work closely with both the technology and business teams to understand requirements to translate those requirements to specs, standards, documentation and other deliverables. The Sr. Technical Writer/Full Stack Engineer is also directly responsible for the technical delivery of those documents to the various constituents such as HBO Max, third party licensees, internal users, etc…
• Capture and draft technical processes to produce technical documentation for video and audio specifications, both internally and externally. Working within established documentation processes, transforms technically complex information into shared technical documents that enhance productivity among third party and internal technical teams. Disseminate WarnerMedia specifications and standards, including provisioning updates and different editions as necessary.
• Develop and deliver software to support dissemination of materials. Follow SDLC standards and best practices. Oversee automated build processes using CI/CD tools
• Ensure accuracy, clarity, appropriateness, and consistency of documentation through development of templates, etc. Edit the work of others to ensure documentation has a consistent voice and content format. Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to illustrate documentation as required. Manage review and approval process and prepare documents for publication.
• Evaluate information management software products, vendors and industry best practices for WM Technology and other divisions. Recommend action and develop solutions.
• • B.S. or B.A. in Technical Communications, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Mastery of technical documentation writing including software and formalized specification writing
• Fluent in HTML, CSS, XML, JSON
• Demonstrated Experience with React or modern component frameworks
• REST, microservices, AWS Lambda
• SDLC experience including CI/CD tools and best practices
• Demonstrated experience with Jenkins & Git or equivalents
• Experience in one or more cloud provider technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP
• In-depth knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Overall knowledge of the media & entertainment industry business preferred
• Overall knowledge of WarnerMedia business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred
• Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints.
• Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
• Must be able to respond to after-hours pager notifications to provide support for applications as necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z4v0-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.