Software Engineer, Direct Commerce
Los Angeles, CA
For this position you have the opportunity to be North America based in the following locations: Seattle, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, or Ottawa
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr Technical Program Manager for the Engineering Department.
Our team of Technical Program Managers work closely with development teams in the Content Discovery space. Collectively these teams are responsible for the consumer facing experience of HBO Max. Content presentation, navigation, tooling for content scheduling, search, recommendations, personalization and amazing video viewing experiences are just a few of the exciting and important projects underway.
In this position you will be leading end-to-end delivery of Search features on multiple client platforms. You will collaborate with engineering and product stakeholders to develop new technical search capabilities, identify key success metrics (relevance, precision and recall) and prioritize improvements to the end-user experience. A successful candidate will be familiar with applying experimentation, feature flighting and machine learning evaluation techniques to optimize the most relevant business metrics. You can speak the language of search relevance - how to measure it, how it could be implemented, both to coordinate with engineering and data science, as well as communicating up to stakeholders.
• Define problem statements with data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team(s) to establish goals and milestones that align with development team dependencies.
• Provide knowledgeable feedback in technical discussions about solution design and implementation.
• Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external development teams as deliverables change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices.
• Extract and document implementation details in collaboration with cross-functional teams and identify roadblocks before they occur.
• Define engineering implementation requirements based on UI/UX designs.
• Improve team velocity through smart planning and healthy retrospectives.
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management or a similar role/internship.
• Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and problem resolution in a cross-functional team.
• Ability to drive the definition of project scope and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational and business requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
• Experience with agile software development methodologies.
• Experience collaborating with engineering to write features for implementation.
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals.
• Entertainment or media industry experience.
• Experience working with consumer facing products.
• Familiar with slack, email, web conferencing, Jira/Confluence.
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8vw8q-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.