WarnerMedia seeks a Technical Program Manager for CNN Digital direct to consumer initiatives. Delivery is a key part of the technology team at CNN. We build global technology solutions that scale to millions of customers. We innovate on behalf of customers to delight them and address their pain points.
This role is centered around CNN+ OTT and TV apps platforms experiences, content management and application deployment teams. We need someone that is capable of developing and executing technical programs composed of many teams with a large scope; that has experience in video platforms, release management and managing cross-dependencies with platforms teams across the organization.
An opportunity to join CNN and helping to determine the next generation of video platforms. You will bring both deep technical and program management leadership expertise, proven business acumen and judgment, and the desire to bring clarity to ambiguity.
• Responsibilities include driving technical projects from design to release, defining technical program roadmap, engaging with internal and external stakeholders, translating business requirements into technical specifications, and managing global production launches.
• You will be working day-to-day with teams to help maintain backlogs with product and engineering as partners; cadence releases and guide us towards continuous platform releases.
• The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
• You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
• The ideal candidate is an influential technical leader with a knack for getting things done. Who is able to separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our cross-functional organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field (or equivalent experience - degree not requisite).
• 3+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
• 3+ years of technical program management experience.
• Experience of live, VOD video streaming and content management systems and knowledge of RESTful APIs.
• Personal experience with software development and managing end-to-end execution of programs that span multiple engineering teams.
• Exercise technical judgment in solving engineering challenges involving bug triage, application deployment, continuous integration, etc.
• Proven track record of delivering services or applications on video platforms.
• Develop and oversee deployment plans related to the delivery and management of CNN computing infrastructure; prioritizing in every way our movements towards a CI/CD world.
• Facilitate the translation of business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers and ensure they are up to date.
• Experience driving complex programs across cross functional teams with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up, building processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Experience in agile/iterative development and program management methodologies.
• Excellent written and verbal (technical and non-technical) communication skills, including the ability to target communications up, down, and across the organization and to external partners.
• Comfortable toggling between big-picture planning and tactical execution.
• Partner as a technical liaison between product and engineering teams and external business partners.
• Emotional intelligence and leadership skills to influence outcomes, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and software delivery best practices.
• Adept at ''getting things done'' in a startup style environment with lots of ambiguity but also lots of opportunity.
• Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications.
• Ability to inspire teams to work on not just what's urgent, but what's most important.
• Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment for platform health.
• Familiarity with digital subscription products and device partner platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn825m-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.