Turner Services Inc. seeks a Sr. Tech Manager for the Media Enablement department.
We are looking for a Technical Manager to be responsible for coordinating the day to day development work for a client-side development team managing team leads and developers, while also partnering with project managers and technical product managers. Your role will be responsible for managing development activities as well as hiring and training of new team members. This role will be one of the cornerstone leadership roles of a growing team. The ideal candidate is expected to have a good mix of technical acumen, communication and leadership skills.
• Participate in agile ceremonies including daily scrums, backlog grooming, retrospectives, etc.
• The Technical Manager will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff and department managers, as well as with the development teams to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality software.
• Manage your team to deliver to product roadmap with high quality and on time.
• Identify and appropriately escalate risks.
• Help resolve blocking issues.
• Work with project managers to determine resource roles needed and work with management to secure project team members.
• Manage customer expectations and communicate with other groups as needed to ensure successful implementation.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders (cross functional teams ranging from management to platform teams and clients) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of complex products at the heart of Turner's business.
• Work with development teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
• Understand and communicate the requirements of our products as we scale and continue to develop.
• Conduct user acceptance testing with the client that spans all project teams and processes that impact the product from end to end. acceptance criteria.
• Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
• Independently act as a liaison between executive stakeholder and client group.
• Own brand relationships and managing / tracking dev team progress
• Escalate issues
• M-F 9-5 type role with extended hours as needed during crunch times
• 10+ years of development experience
• 4+ years of people management
• 3+ years Agile experience
• 2+ years Video application experience
• Plus – experience with web, iOS, Android, tvOS, FireTV, Roku, XBox, Smart TVs
• Expert in agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools
• Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
• Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Ability to understand and abstract complex systems from technical descriptions
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
• Experience with large scale projects
• Passionate about advocating client needs.
• This is a highly visible project so ability to function in high pressure environment a must.
• Working closely with many other development team(s) to coordinate work
• Excellent communication skills a must
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Submit to job Save Refer
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.