We are the team working on all the cool video details on the server side. If you know about or want to learn about DRM technologies like PlayReady, FairPlay, and Widevine and video technologies like HLS, CMAF, and DASH or just want to work on the details of video streaming, we are looking for Engineers like you.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Video Platform team, you will build and support backend systems for serving streaming video to millions of users for our OTT streaming video applications including HBO Max. Join us as we expand our systems across the globe and help us build an ad-supported tier to allow more users to gain access to our world-class storytelling. The services you build will support end users for WarnerMedia's streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. By working on our team you can say you build the very best streaming platform in the world!
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence
• Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers
• Get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side
• Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working with other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
• Influence technology, process, standards, and best practices, both on this team and across the organization
• Define architectures and designs that enable working through others
• Ensure consistency of your team's' code and those teams you integrate with
• Help your organization grow into green field technical domain areas
• Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
• Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
• You are a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
• Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
The Nice to Haves
• 4+ years in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 4+ years of relevant experience
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Success in delivering reliable, low-latency services at scale, operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS
• Knowledge of video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
• Experience with DRM systems (PlayReady, FairPlay, Widevine)
• Experience with SSAI development and integration
• Experience with extending systems to support a global market
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq55zx-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.