Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Sr Software Engineer for the HBO Engineering department.
The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all WarnerMedia affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a highly skilled individual who takes pride in bringing high-quality code quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
You will work with different encoding solutions and develop diverse solutions to interact and manage these systems, integrating them into our workflows using the latest technologies.
• Work with a team of highly motivated engineers to effectively implement solutions and delivery production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
• Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployments
• Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements and document technical specifications.
• Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
• 5+ years of experience as a Senior Software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java and or Python. EE experience a plus.
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
• Expertise in designing and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using ECS, Lambda and SNS/SQS
• Expertise in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
• Additional languages Node.js, Python, GOLang and Front-end experience with AngularJS or ReactJS a plus
• Media background with encoding engines a plus.
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Advise development team on implementations, and serve as a key decision-maker
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1v1x-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.