App Implementation Manager
New York, NY
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will design and help implement scalable systems that take advantage of managed services and infrastructure (e.g., the cloud). You will help define the overall content ingestion platform capabilities; you understand the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation and operational impact, and you make smart decisions to provide the best experience for our content creators and our customers.
Our team Experience Operations is responsible for operationalizing our streaming media products to provide a great experience for our customers. Making this data usable and integrated into automated pipelines is our primary goal. By working on our team, you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
• Design an operational experience platform to derive our near real-time operational customer experience
• Implement systems and services that are transparent, flexible and easy to operate
• Work with other engineering teams and researchers to find new uses for content metadata
• Build tools and tactics to reduce content issues exposed to customers
• Be an experienced software developer with a proven track record releasing software
• Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
• Write great code that educates your peers
• Embrace standards where they make sense and help evolve them where they need improvement
• Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions
• Work in multiple languages and pick the right tool(s) for the job at hand
• Own a large engineering project that interacts with multiple teams
• Understand how your work affects the ongoing operations of an always-on, global service
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with at least one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Experience with data structures and schemas, data analysis and visualization
• Comfortable with tools such as Elastic Search, Kibana, Splunk, Grafana
• Experience with Task Runners such as NPM, Yarn, WebPack, grunt, or gulp
• Experience with APIs that are for global, public use
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.