Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
New York, NY
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
Like to work on features that reach millions of users and have a direct impact on the success of a new and exciting service? The Dotcom team is a friendly, energetic engineering group responsible for the primary customer-facing hbomax.com web site that attracts millions of visitors through SEO, paid advertising, and partner relationships.
On our team, your work will be the conduit to convert visitors into customers and is highly visible. We work closely with product, SEO, marketing, content, experimentation, and design to develop features and tools that empower our teams to build, deploy, and serve world-class, high-conversion, data-driven pages. We're looking for Engineers that have an interest in the space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on WarnerMedia's HBO Max Dotcom team, you will design and build solutions that increase efficiency and quality throughout the entire engineering team. Join us as we expand our services across the globe and use your skills to develop an automation platform and processes that will help us deploy faster and with more certainty to hundreds of internal users and millions of visitors every month. You will own and improve systems that will underpin the roadmap of the product for years to come. In this role you will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence. You will use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product.
• Uphold and champion best practices and cultivate a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code, influencing our full-stack engineering team of back-end, front-end, CMS, API, and dev-ops engineers
• Develop and enforce a standard process for testing all releases that includes automation into the software build, test, and release process
• Design and create test strategies - creating test plans and test cases for individual product releases, with an eye to validating business requirements, operational needs and real-world consumer product usage
• Plan automation and oversee the development of automation frameworks and tooling
• Collaborate with an engineering team working in an Agile process and continuous integration/continuous deployment process
• Maintain exemplary knowledge of product business, functional and operational requirements in order to incorporate into test strategies, day to day testing and reporting
• Conduct release testing, reporting individual and summarized results to Product & Technical Development team
• Assess and communicate product/release health based upon understanding of business and consumer strategy and priorities
• Manage multiple projects and phases of testing cycles – planning, test case development and execution simultaneously
• Review and recommend automation tools and approaches based upon best practices and digital marketplace evolution
• Assist QA with debugging support, verifying bug repros, implementing fixes, interpreting call stacks, proactively fixing common errors
• Hands on/manual testing of applications
• Be a trusted resource whose expertise is sought after within our team and across our QA and development engineering teams
• Share knowledge, mentor and grow more junior staff
• 4+ years of experience in managing and conducting quality assurance testing, including manual and automated testing
• Demonstrated success developing, maintaining, and monitoring automated test and test suites across multiple platforms and test frameworks
• Proficient with front-end, CMS, and API end-to-end testing for web
• Experience supporting Feature Owners and software developers with testing strategies and coverage
• Savvy with a variety of software automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium and Cucumber
• Familiarity with application development concepts
• Solid understanding of how the internet works and operates, particularly in client/server transactions with a keen knowledge of HTTP, DNS, REST, etc.
• Passionate about delivering high quality digital experiences!
• Experience working with enterprise-level digital platforms and building/testing large-scale, distributed, highly available applications
• History of evaluating product completeness and success relative to business goals and consumer needs
• Proven success in collaborating with both business, functional and technical resources, and able to quickly identify and manage complex issues to resolution
• Comfortable working in an environment with a high release frequency
• Solid experience working with bug tracking tools such as TestRail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline strongly preferred
• Seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining respectful relationships
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience
• Passion for collaboration, and fun is a must!
Nice to Haves
• Software development experience writing large, distributed applications/services in languages such as NodeJS, React, Python, PHP, or Java
• Experience testing and evaluating ADA and accessibility requirements
• Web front-end performance tuning experience
• Working knowledge of Git version control