As the Sr. Product Manager, Experimentation, you will be a strategic & technical member of the Product Management & Product Experience team. You will be responsible for leading product strategy for HBO Max's server-side experimentation capabilities. This role will work closely with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Engineers, and QA to build a product strategy & roadmap that will enhance HBO Max's server-side experimentation capabilities connected to the streaming apps. Your primary goal will be to build a capability that will enable a self-service culture of experimentation and will scale the number of experiments that can be delivered in a month, while maintaining the highest quality customer experience when experiments are live. You will also be responsible for defining requirements within an agile framework to continuously improve and iterate on capabilities based on business impact.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and maintain an experimentation capabilities product strategy and roadmap
• Define requirements and work closely with Technical Program Managers and Engineers to deliver server-side experimentation capabilities within an agile framework
• Regularly groom & prioritize new features / capabilities backlog based on business impact
• Assist with operationalizing & onboarding new team members to use the capability
• Participate in product portfolio planning preparation to align stakeholders and dependent teams around a quarterly plan.
• Evangelize experimentation to the organization and educate stakeholders on key concepts.
• Ability to analyze data, derive actionable insights, and articulate consumer impact.
• 5+ years of experience in product management and server-side experimentation.
• Experience in market/user research, data analysis, or other ways to bring data into the scope to influence and support product decisions.
• Comfortable and experienced with synthesizing information for consumption by an executive-level audience.
• Robust experience in A/B and multivariate testing
• Extensive experience with building out in-app server-side experimentation capabilities
• Extensive experience coordinating the execution of in-app server-side experiments.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Optimizely Web & Full Stack, as well as Google Analytics, SQL, Amplitude and Snowflake.
• Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners.
• Must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects.
• Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs.
The Ideal Candidate
• Tons of passion for both the media/video industry, as well as product as a discipline.
• Possesses deep understanding of the video streaming industry.
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
• Has a very strategic mindset that focuses on outcomes over outputs.
• A self-starter – someone who thrives in taking the initiative and needs minimal directive.
• A proven track record of executing on a given area encompassing how to operate, create a plan to tackle it, getting it done, while also communicating with manager and the team to socialize the work they're doing.
• Great storytelling abilities – must be able to synthesize complex information into a well-formed narrative and deliver capably that narrative to various audiences.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d977v9-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.