The HBO Max Research team aims to be trusted partners for our business through a lens that is unbiased and unfiltered. We objectively translate consumer voices to help strategic business objectives and make decisions.
The team is looking for a Senior Manager, Market Research who will develop, design and implement research to shape marketing campaigns and drive marketing effectiveness. You will help develop a framework and conduct research to pre-test advertising creatives and track in-market performance of the ads over time on a consistent, systematic basis. You will optimize ads, establish benchmarks, and create best practices to inform future creative development. You will work closely with Marketing, Media and Analytics teams and external creative and media agencies to inform marketing strategy for our priority segments that drives lifts in brand, content and growth marketing KPIs and ensure we are executing marketing campaigns that drive maximum ROI. This person will report to the VP, HBO Max research.
We're looking for a person who is passionate about advertising and experienced with ad pre-testing and tracking. We want someone who is a strategic thinker, detail oriented and is skilled at connecting the dots to bring a holistic perspective to the business. The ideal person is a nimble, go-getter who enjoys collaborating with partners and is a strong storyteller.
• Work cross functionally with internal/external stakeholders to understand needs and challenges.
• Build and establish client relationships. Be an advisor.
• Work closely with the Director of Brand Research to connect learnings from upstream research (eg. concept test, creative refinement) with advertising insights.
• Oversee all stages including design, fieldwork, analysis and interpretation of quantitative research studies.
• Develop and execute a framework for pre-testing advertising creatives and tracking ad performance over time.
• Be the in-house research expert on all things related to creative optimization and lead any ad hoc analyses on an as needed basis
• Connect creative performance to media activation and diagnose/develop hypotheses on what might be driving dips in performance. Work with analytics to set up AB experiments as needed.
• Synthesize findings across multiple research and data sources (1st party, 3rd party) to deliver holistic insights to the business
• Collaborate with research vendors while ensuring adherence to best practices, timelines, and deliverables
• There may be some travel required.
• 5+ years of research experience testing and measuring ad effectiveness
• Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD business or research company working on a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD business preferred
• Experience on the supplier side preferred
• Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
• Solid understanding of full funnel marketing and media principles
• Experience working with Marketing, Media and Analytic teams. Must have a strong understanding of attribution models, experimentation frameworks and measuring incrementality.
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to break down data/information into meaningful findings and developing recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
• Ability to use a data-driven approach to problem solving and scaling.
• Strong aptitude for building effective relationships in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Strong client-management skills; ability to adapt to a variety of individual styles and approaches in order to deliver the appropriate insights and support each requires.
• Proficient in programming and data analysis softwares (e.g. Qualtrics, SPSS, Q Research)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• A passion for television shows and movies
• Bachelor's Degree required
Nice to Haves
• Statistical experience
• Graduate degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n0xk-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.