Sr Manager, Product Management - International CMS (HBO Max)
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Manager for the Product Management department.
The Senior Manager for International CMS is responsible for overseeing the growth of HBO Max's editorial and publishing toolset in order to meet the needs of our rapidly expanding international footprint. As a Senior Manager of Product Management, they will lead the team responsible for the international expansion of HBO Max's custom Content Management System - the product that allows our publishers to schedule content, create page layouts, and align metadata structures across connected TV, mobile, desktop, and tablet experiences. They will be responsible for defining the vision for our tools infrastructure, planning the product Roadmap, and then working with the team to execute. The Tools PM will lead the team in identifying pain points in the publishing workflow and defining requirements for new product features. They will also be responsible for managing a backlog and working directly with our design, engineering, and technical program management teams to shepherd features from ideation to release.
• Develop and manage the roadmap for an industry-leading CMS platform and chart the course for incremental delivery of key features based on internal business needs
• Lead a team of Product Managers as features flow through the product development lifecycle
• Communicate priorities to senior management or executive levels
• Anticipate tooling needs for upcoming features, new content, campaigns, and business initiatives
• Consider implications for international curation and publishing management, including complex, territory based curation scenarios
• Leverage the editorial calendar, publishing schedule and features roll out plan to equip and set the path forward for Publishing Business Managers
• Partner with key team members to understand current and future consumer experiences, data modeling challenges, and subsequently devise scalable solutions for the Content & Experience Management product
• Work closely with the team leads to ensure Publishing business managers are embedded into features and supported effectively
• Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
• 8+ years of experience with 3+ years of management experience
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous initiatives to successful completion.
• Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into action.
• Ability to empathize with internal users on both editorial and publishing, and capacity to listen and absorb complex information and business processes
• Experience in a large program management and/or operations environment
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Understanding of product management processes and methodologies for governance and tracking
• Ability to quickly understand and operate comfortably within complex ecosystems
• Passion for developing new processes and assessing and improving existing processes
• Extensive experience setting scheduling vision and rolling out publishing processes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-motivated and accountable
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionate about product management with a deep understanding of the video streaming industry and personalization space
• Highly capable of backing into a detailed project plan and inspiring others to execute against plan
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects
• Capable of being an excellent communicator and longer-term strategic thinker
• Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, accountability, and learning from mistakes
• Comfortable in a small, lean team, that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm11pv-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.