Software Engineer, Direct Commerce
Los Angeles, CA
The Sr. Machine Learning Engineer will be part of a talented Machine Learning (ML) researchers and engineers to develop innovative machine learning algorithms, scalable ML systems, and HBO Max applications.
As a Sr. ML Engineer, you will focus on developing and deploying personalization and recommender system, search, experimentation, audience, and content AI solutions to drive user experience and growth.
You will partner closely with product, engineering, content, marketing, and research stakeholders across WarnerMedia to identify ML opportunities, accelerate AI innovation, and ensure the delivery of impactful solutions for the business.
• Collaborate with product owners, data scientists, and engineering teams to evaluate the deployed ML model's effectiveness.
• Work with data scientists, data engineers to design best-suited, robust, and scalable ML endpoints.
• Design and develop frameworks to experiment with multiple model variants.
• Write production-level code and engage in code reviews.
• Lead the full ML lifecycle.
• Deploy ML model pipelines, scale through Big Data, optimize performance.
• Enhance our machine learning infrastructure.
• Design and implement data pipelines and data quality controls.
• Raise the bar on SDLC and CI/CD practices.
• MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Has 5+ years of relevant and hands-on experience in Machine Learning Engineering with a track record of processing, enriching, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Has strong experience in incrementally building big data product and production pipelines to support data and analytic functions.
• Familiar with data science techniques, hands-on experience with ML frameworks.
• Is flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with a distributed organization and minimal process.
• The candidate demonstrates strong problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills.
• Covering a comprehensive set of the following technologies and frameworks is essential:
• ML Technologies: Spark, MxNet, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn
• AWS stack with a specific focus on the following solutions: EMR, Glue, Sagemaker, ECS/EKS, Lambda, CloudWatch
• Data stack: Snowflake, Grafana, SQS/Kafka/Kinesis
• Proficient in Python and OOP languages like Java
• ML model pipelines, orchestration frameworks, micro-services architecture
• Experience in the entertainment or media industry is a big plus.
• Experience with media content metadata, supply chains is a plus.