Sr. Financial Analyst
Warner Bros. Discovery
Mexico City, Mexico
The Streaming KPIs COE team operates at the intersection of Financial Reporting and Data Analytics
• Senior Financial Analyst – 65% Data Analytics, 35% Financial Reporting
• External Streaming KPIs reporting for WBD – HBO Max and Discovery+:
• Paying Subscribers, Average Revenue per User ''ARPU''
• Various granularities of: Product, Country, Partner, Service, Subscriber Type (e.g., Retail, B2B2C, Linear)
• Various Internal Streaming KPIs reporting (e.g., Retail Churn %, Subscriber Acquisition Cost ''SAC'').
• Primary focus is on Actual performance, but we will also consolidate the Forecast and Budget for the External and Internal metrics.
• Produce Weekly, Monthly reporting on the External and Internal KPIs:
• Currently excel based reports, with data coming from multiple sources (e.g., Looker/Snowflake for Retail subscribers and regional billing systems for Wholesale subscribers).
• Opportunity to implement process improvements (e.g., Power BI dashboards) given the Excel based nature of current reporting.
• Project underway to establish a Data Lake / Reporting Tool to centralize the reporting of Global HBO Max Wholesale subscribers.
• Working with Technology on Data Lake build (likely Power BI based, interfacing with a Data Mart)
• Data will come from regional billing systems (Domestic = SMARTer, International = iBravo)
• Translations required as reporting fields are inconsistent between what we want in Data Lake and what currently exist in billing systems.
• When HBO Max/D+ Wholesale billing migrate to a unified system, goal is to eliminate need for manual translation of data and rely solely on unified billing system fields for Data Lake.
• Proven ability to retrieve, manipulate and analyze complex data sets as the KPI data we report on is housed within multiple source systems.
• Experience with Business Intelligence applications essential (e.g., Looker, Tableau) as much of the data we report on is accessed through these.
• Experience with Power Query and Power BI essential as our reporting deliverables are currently Excel-based (this is an opportunity for process improveme-nt!).
• Proactively identify process inefficiencies and implement improvements.
• Attention to detail is critical.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb39qo-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.