Sr. Director of E2E Quality Assurance - HBO Max
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Director leading our Software Development in Test and Quality Assurance organization within our Engineering & Operations organization.
As a primary leader focused on our global expansion, you will cultivate and grow teams centered on the quality assurance of HBO Max. Focusing on the overall end-to-end experience of our video streaming platform. This focus will have you working cross-functionally with application/service development, tech-ops, and global infrastructure teams in validating our customer experience. This is an opportunity to drive and develop a continuous improvement and development feedback culture across our automation efforts coupled with our world-class manual testing teams.
This position offers the unique challenge of global growth coupled to a super-distribution model encompassing an immense range of platforms and devices. In addition to creating quality strategies positively felt by our customers; you will play a critical role in coordinating work across numerous teams. Delivering quality while shifting our testing practices further to left.
• Develop the Direct-to-Consumer Quality Assurance strategic vision, defining our testing approach and creating quality processes across the HBO Max global video streaming platform and experiences.
• Primary leadership and advocate for our efforts to 'Shift Left' quality practices into our product and operational development teams.
• Own, foster, and pivot towards our long-term vision to drive quality across our product-development, operations, and business teams.
• Oversee our 'long tail of devices' testing automation, innovation, strategy, and guidance within the selection of testing frameworks, automation for API development, and device farms required to validate our customer experiences across the globe.
• Partner with our Operational Visibility in offering quality of service insights on a granular level for platform and devices.
• Advocate for reusable frameworks and self-serve strategic approaches for quality - with a measurable outcome for higher quality along (less escape defects) and with shorter release cycles.
• Bring your technical leadership in advocating the right level of testing towards aligned objectives on a platform-by-platform basis (e.g. UI, service, integration, functional, non-functional, load/spike, and manual vs. automated
• Evaluate our existing frameworks and align against market trends, existing strategies, and vision towards where we are heading.
• Manage overall staffing including assigning the right team members to initiatives while also taking committed time towards each team members career path, growth, and development.
• Ability to improve product development pipelines and workflows by integrating appropriate quality practices and automation. Offering overall visibility to the greater organization for concerns and trending insights as it relates to customer impact associate to quality of experience.
• Provide strategic leadership into our testing practices, reporting, and continual status.
• Provide feedback, training, performance reviews and inspiration for the overall end-to-end engineering and testing teams.
• Participate in the broader feedback of direct-to-consumer QA team development in the pursuit of strengthening quality skills and practices.
• Leverage your broad technical leadership, customer obsession, and team development towards solving difficult challenges on a global level.
• First and foremost, strong builder of relationships, culture, and coaching towards team-oriented outcomes. Developing teams with diverse skillsets toward their professional development while also achieving positive customer-oriented outcomes aligned to our business, product, and operational objectives.
• Excellent leader and communicator – resilient but with high EQ.
• Participate in reviews and QA team development to strengthen the skills of associates in the areas of leadership, communication, customer support/obsession, and complex problem solving.
• Industry expert in the testing of IP Video covering a broad spectrum of domains. Video capture, distribution, accessibility, playback across SVOD and Linear.
• Well versed in the participation and establishment of practices associated towards professional reviews and QA team development.
• 15+ years overall software development industry experience.
• 12+ years of Quality Engineering experience with a foundation in large scale globally deployed distributed systems or full stack multi-tenant offerings.
• 12+ years managing manual testing efforts coupled with synergies of augmented automation across a vast array of retail device and platform combination.
• 7+ years of hands-on technical leadership in quality engineering practices, CI/CD, test automation, and mainstream architectural patterns.
The Nice to Haves
• Strong familiarity with AWS and our testing stack (REST APIs, Selenium, BrowserStack, and stb-tester)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyoxwp-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.