WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Counsel to be part of its dynamic and agile HBO Max Global Legal team. Position will provide transactional support and legal advice for Technology, Research, Product Strategy and Innovation and Data Operations business groups, including negotiating and drafting partnership agreements with leading technology and social media companies as WarnerMedia continues to leverage cutting edge technology and emerging platforms to deliver compelling content to new audiences around the globe .
• Draft and negotiate third party vendor agreements (e.g., MSAs, SOWs, POCs, NDAs, consulting agreements, etc.) across wide range of HBO Max business teams, including Technology, Research, Data Operations, Product Strategy and Innovation, Growth Marketing, Consumer Experience, Content Security, Talent Acquisition, Corporate and more.
• Provide day-to-day legal advice and other transactional support for business groups including Technology, Research, Data Operations and Business Development and serve as central legal function for coordination among other legal stakeholders (e.g., Content, Distribution, Marketing) on related issues.
• Work with legal teams in Latin America, Europe, and Asia on strategic planning for HBO Max related to global technology platform, product innovation, content security and extending US agreements for global reach.
• Manage additional ad-hoc and ongoing projects for HBO Max (e.g., accessibility, intercompany structures)
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department working in technology and commercial transactions with knowledge in areas of intellectual property licensing and knowledge sharing, data privacy and security, and services contracts (including software-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service).
• Bachelor's degree required
• Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required
• Admission to California or New York Bar required and bar membership must be in good standing
• Must be a team player with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, business sense, and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
• Must be able to provide direct, plain-spoken advice to clients (no legalese) and effectively and collaboratively communicate to colleagues and clients at all levels.
• Must be a problem solver who works as a business partner with clients.
• Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize among competing tasks and responsibilities.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7e1j-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.