Sr. Analytics Engineer, Product
Culver City, CA
The HBO Max Product Analytics team is looking to hire a motivated Sr. Analytics Engineer who will be working closely with a team of highly motivated data engineers and data analysts to build a state-of-the-art data platform to solve various data-driven use cases for HBO Max Products. A strong focus will be placed on developing, optimizing and maintaining our BI platform and working with technology and data engineering teams to ensure the production & delivery of reliable data.
The Sr. Analytics Engineer will collaborate with the Product Analytics team to facilitate reporting and analyses aimed at developing a deep understanding of our subscriber acquisition & engagement.
• Work closely with Product Analytics, Tech teams and Data Engineering
• Build data models & semantic layers in Snowflake to facilitate reporting & ad-hoc business insights
• Organize, Develop and Maintain the Product Analytics Looker model, views & explores to optimize Looker performance and user experience
• Be the single point of contact when it comes to LookM development to ensure governance on data definitions & reporting is maintained
• Automate data processing & testing to help the team spend less time manipulating & validating data and more time analyzing it.
• Work closely with Data Engineering and other technology teams as needed to provide and iterate on technical data requirements, as well as putting developed data solutions into production
• Take initiative in translating various business requirements into data quality architecture.
• Change how we think, act, and utilize our data by performing exploratory and quantitative analytics, data mining, and discovery.
• Think of new ways to help make our data platform more scalable, resilient and reliable and then work across our team to put your ideas into action.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or Similar discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in software engineering and/or data engineering /BI engineering
• Looker expertise (LookML Code, Looker Models etc.) is a must
• Experience with large volume, scalable, reliable and high-quality data processing (both streaming [Kafka, Kinesis] and batch [Spark, Flink) platform
• Experience working with different types of databases (RedShift, SnowFlake) and query engine (SQL, Spark SQL, Hive)
The Nice to Haves
• Cloud (AWS) experience is preferred
• Experience with variety of data Tools & frameworks (example: Apache Airflow, Druid) will be a huge plus
• No-SQL (Apache Cassandra, DynamoDB or similar) is a plus
• Direct to consumer digital business experience preferred
• Ability to work in fast paced, high visibility, agile environment & ability to take initiative
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong team focus with outstanding organizational and resource management skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznx97-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.