HBO Max is looking for a technical Sr. Analyst to join the Growth Marketing Strategy team to play an integral role in driving data-driven reporting and analyses aimed at developing a deeper understanding of subscriber segmentation, in-app engagement, and retention across the HBO Max platform. You will lead the team in acting as the technical gatekeeper for all things data including: gathering metric/analysis requirements, building analytical frameworks and solutions with growth marketing leaders, partnering with technical stakeholders to ensure proper data flows, and building and managing queries using SQL, Looker, and other tools. You will also access, synthesize, and visualize large structured and unstructured data sets across the HBO Max data warehouse to inform on subscriber behavior trends and patterns. In addition, you will partner with the Data Science, Product, Media, and Editorial teams to provide data-driven frameworks, methodologies, and recommendations with a targeted outcome of improving marketing effectiveness, driving subscriber growth and LTV to reduce churn, and improving on-platform subscriber consumption and experiences through owned channels.
• Act as a thought leader and subject matter expert on HBO Max subscriber data resources and tools to drive key insights and recommendations across Growth Marketing Strategy and cross-functional stakeholders with a focus on subscriber segmentation, on-platform engagement, retention, and LTV.
• Use SQL on a daily basis to develop the data pipeline, write complex queries, and perform timely analyses.
• Partner with data and engineering teams to ensure proper and timely data flows in analytics systems as well as for the development of dashboards and and reporting tools
• Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings
• Assist in building compelling presentations that communicate clear actionable insights
• Define KPIs, build automated dashboards, reports, and models to help teams make efficient and impactful decisions in growing/retaining HBO Max's audience
• Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.) from a top tier accredited institution
• 3+ years of experience with data wrangling and data analysis using SQL
• SQL expert; must be able to optimize queries and join datasets efficiently
• For Looker, ability to configure the pipeline - create views/explores
• Proven track record of performing, managing, and communicating comprehensive analyses independently in a cross-functional environment through analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, and visualizing data
• Strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Detail-oriented and cares about the quality of the input data as well as how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and presented
• Knowledge of the competitive OTT landscape including SVOD and AVOD services and related user engagement metrics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rboo56-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.