Build the future of Streaming Media with us! We are the team that architects, codifies, owns and operates the scalable and resilient infrastructure that powers HBO Max. Our platform and content is enjoyed by millions of customers around the world.
We are software engineers with a passion for infrastructure, automation, resiliency and security. Building reliability, performance and security into our streaming products is our mission. We are evangelists for infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, operational visibility, and strongly believe that automation is the key to delivering reliable systems. We are looking for a software engineer to help us expand our infrastructure platform and deliver HBO Max on a global scale!
• Design and deliver cloud infrastructure, automation and CI/CD processes
• Develop tooling and services that provide real time insight into service and system health for a large distributed system.
• Build security into our systems and infrastructure to avert disruption and maintain uptime.
• Strive for operational excellence by participating in an on-call rotation as well as contributing to our incident management and blameless post-mortem processes.
• Works on large components of applications & services/suggests solutions for automation of common development, test & operation tasks/provides input on process improvement/owns features or contributes to complex/large product features.
• Provide input and technical review of software requirements specifications, software design documents and code reviews.
• Collaborate with your team to design solutions to complex problems
• Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools like Terraform and Ansible and writing software to solve operations, performance and reliability challenges
• Passionate about cloud infrastructure and solving infrastructure and operations challenges with software
• Solid understanding of how the internet works and operates with a deep knowledge of HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, REST, etc
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• Maintain and update documentation on system software changes and process updates
• Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset
The Nice to Haves
• 2+ years of exp/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent exp
• 1+ year of hands-on familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform
• Experience with SRE practices and SLOs/SLIs for measuring platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9042-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.