Sr Staff Software Engineer
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
We're a team with a large impact at HBO Max. We are responsible for building and improving the foundational libraries and generator tools used by all the service teams for HBO Max. We help scale the backend of HBO Max by introducing and developing automated systems to update API contracts and systems. Our foundational libraries, namely the Middleware, is a collection of libraries that enable backend services to make service-to-service calls, upload logging and metrics, standardize i18n, and access our datastores with standard failover patterns. Our generator tools, named the Generator, bundles this Middleware to enable developers to easily generate new backend services with endpoints, routes, and schemas right out of the box.
• Work with stakeholders and partner teams to develop new or update existing libraries that connect services to other services and datastores
• Propose, prototype, deploy, and integrate architectural improvements that scale HBO Max to millions of concurrent users
• Leading operational best practices by example: develop and standardize operational mechanisms that apply to hundreds of services and dozens of teams that make up HBO Max
• Help define team software standards and engineering best practices
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• BS degree in Computer Science, or related field with 2+ years of experience
• Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
The Nice to Haves
• Experience building common service libraries in an enterprise service environment
• Experience architecting cross platform libraries or supporting multiple language libraries
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Have led the design, implementation, and delivery of large engineering projects that interacted with multiple teams
• Have experience as a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2vww-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.