Software Engineer, Partner Commerce
New York, NY
HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Partner Commerce team works closely with app stores and other partners to create the best customer experiences for purchasing and managing HBO Max subscriptions. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and are looking for talented engineers to join the team to optimize the journey from awareness to streaming. We're looking for Engineers that have an interest in the space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Partner Commerce team, you will design, improve, and protect large-scale systems for managing customer subscriptions. You will build industry-leading features across multiple device platforms. You will own and improve features like in app purchases, user messaging, and gift cards. By working on our team, you will make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, safely and seamlessly. In this role you will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence. You will use data and your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset.
• Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
• Design, improve, and protect large-scale systems for managing customer subscriptions for HBO Max.
• Evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with peers.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience.
• Collaborate and partner with engineers of all levels.
• Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience.
• Handle operational issues and troubleshoot bugs independently.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
• Have a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems.
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining respectful relationships.
• Seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback.
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues.
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience.
• Passion for collaboration, and fun is a must!
Nice to Haves
• Success in designing and building highly available application/systems at scale – and particularly in languages such as NodeJS, Python, GoLang, or Java.
• Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences.
• Solid understanding of how the internet works and operates, particularly in client/server transactions with a keen knowledge of HTTP, DNS, REST, etc.
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
• Experience creating automated tests as part of the development lifecycle. Passion for test driven development.
• Experience in monitoring and telemetry: Telegraf, Grafana, InfluxDB, and Prometheus.
• Experience creating web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development.
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS.
• Experience with security software engineering, especially for distributed applications.
• Experience with Git version control.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands