We are the team responsible for the HBO Max data pipeline. The data pipeline is where we instrument, store and model engagement and reference data for use by analysts, data scientists and engineers to enhance and improve the overall customer experience across our products and content offerings.
At HBO as a Software Engineer II on the Data Pipeline team, you will design, develop and support the services and systems for instrumentation, validation, durable delivery, and integration into batch and stream based environments. We run services that support the interactions of millions of concurrent viewers in a 24/7 environment. We are experts in our craft and pride ourselves on being knowledgeable across a wide range of business needs and product functionality. You will also partner with our messaging and experimentation platform teams, to ensure that we have the ability to send messages to custom segments and test different experiences among multiple groups, to see which works the best.
• Build and support a data pipeline platform that allows a customer's behavioral data to directly impact their individualized experiences in the HBO Max product.
• Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
• Be a self-starter that can independently solve complex engineering problems
• Maintain high quality coding standards for yourself and your team
• Design and deliver components of a complex architecture or distributed system
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience working with high scale data pipelines.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with batch data processing using tools such as SQL, Hadoop
• Experience with in stream data processing using tools such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark
• Success in delivering and operating reliable low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google app engine, Azure, Kubernetes)
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1xk2-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.