Software Engineer II, Native Billing - HBO Max
Interested in working on a highly visible product and developing features that millions of customers depend upon? Native Billing is a friendly, energetic engineering team responsible for the money side of the HBO Max streaming service. Our modern, Typescript services and React clients seamlessly onboard customers, then handle billing throughout their subscription. We're cross-location with team members throughout the US and across the globe. We're looking for enthusiastic engineers who have an interest in the commerce space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Software Engineer II on the HBO Max Native Billing team, you will design and build solutions for processing payments. You will own and improve features involving subscription management, billing and invoicing, integrating with external payment gateways, and supporting financial reporting tools. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly.
In this role, you will:
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset and experience.
• Get the opportunity to learn about and influence multiple areas of the product.
• Evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus across the engineering team.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience.
• Design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
• Work with new features from a variety of commerce and technology partners
• Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience.
• 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
• Experience with a strongly typed language, preferably Typescript
• A solid understanding of common software patterns and best practices.
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems.
• Be passionate about software engineering and the quality of your work, with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships.
• Have the desire and ability to help other engineers improve their process, code quality, and productivity.
• Seek self-improvement and be adaptable to suggestions and feedback.
The Nice to Haves
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
• Success in designing and building highly available systems at scale.
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies
• Experience building and deploying on AWS, including serverless
• Experience with AWS technologies, specifically DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, RDS, Lambda
• Experience with commerce development, financial systems, and payment gateways.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxvkk-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.