Software Engineer, Entitlement
Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Products and Entitlements team is a friendly, energetic engineering group responsible for systems that define what we sell to customers, what makes customers eligible to purchase, and what customers get for their purchase. We work closely with business and technical partners across multiple clients and purchasing ecosystems including authorization, direct purchases, app store purchases, and content and playback experiences. We're looking for Engineers that have an interest in the space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Products and Entitlements team, you will design and build solutions for authorizing users' access to content and features at an incredible scale. You will own and improve systems that bridge between organizations and will underpin the roadmap of the product for years to come. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to build noteworthy components of a major new service from the ground up, and your work will make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly. In this role you will join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence. You will use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers. You will get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset.
• Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
• Design, improve, and protect large-scale systems for managing customer subscriptions for HBO Max.
• Evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with peers.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience.
• Collaborate and partner with engineers of all levels.
• Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience.
• Handle operational issues and troubleshoot bugs independently.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
• Have a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems.
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining respectful relationships.
• Seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and feedback.
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues.
• A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience.
• Passion for collaboration, and fun is a must!
The Nice to Haves
• Success in designing and building highly available application/systems at scale – and particularly in languages such as NodeJS, Python, GoLang, or Java.
• Success in designing and building exciting, highly polished, and dynamic user experiences.
• Solid understanding of how the internet works and operates, particularly in client/server transactions with a keen knowledge of HTTP, DNS, REST, etc.
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
• Experience creating automated tests as part of the development lifecycle. Passion for test driven development.
• Experience in monitoring and telemetry: Telegraf, Grafana, InfluxDB, and Prometheus.
• Experience creating web, mobile, game console, set-top box and/or TV client application development.
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS.
• Experience with security software engineering, especially for distributed applications.
• Experience with Git version control.