WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of the world's largest TV, film, and interactive studios that has brought you some of the most iconic franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, and Otter Media including Game of Thrones, Aquaman, The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and more.
In May 2020, WarnerMedia technology launched an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service, HBO Max, which brings together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia and AT&T's broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive and immersive content, distinguished news and entertainment reporting, and much more - all in one digital destination.
The Content Discovery Personalization team for HBO Max directs customers to content they are interested in at a very large scale by leveraging cutting-edge machine learning and cloud computing technologies. As part of the Personalization team, you will have the opportunity to work on both machine learning and large scale distributed systems, and you will also be able to impact millions of customers' entertainment activities directly.
• A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
• Fluency in a modern programming language
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve problems
• Experience with team coordination and collaboration
• Hold yourself and your team high standards while maintaining respectful relationships
• Ability to provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent customer-facing issues
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline or 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
Nice to Have
• Experience with backend technologies at large scale, especially Kubernetes and AWS
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you developed