HBO Max is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering launched May 2020. , including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team had laid the foundation for HBO Max and now we need to improve and scale our system worldwide. We need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team creating the next generation of content management tools for HBO Max. Our infrastructure and tools help editors create great content for our customers. We build tools that allow our marketing and publishing teams give our customers the best experience possible. We are looking for a Staff Engineer to help us meet our challenges of scalability, internationalization and simplifying complex tasks.
As a Staff Engineer, you will learn by implementing scalable systems that take advantage of managed services and infrastructure (e.g., the cloud). You will help define the overall CMS platform capabilities; you will learn the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation and operational impact. We are responsible for building software that curates and creates everything the user interacts with. Making easy to use, flexible tools that simplify complicated tasks is our primary goal. By working on our team, you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
• Design a platform that will let HBO Max provide customized content
• Implement systems and services that are transparent, flexible and easy to operate
• Work with the publishing and marketing teams to meet their goals and allow them to experiment on the platform.
• Learn from and work with senior engineers to develop your engineering skillset
• Have strong intellectual curiosity and desire to grow
• Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
• Embrace standards where they make sense, and help evolve them where they need improvement
• Work in multiple languages and pick the right tool(s) for the job at hand
• Understand how your work affects the ongoing operations of an always-on, global service
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with at least one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP, Axure)
• Experience with NodeJS and / or Typescript
• Relational and / or non-relational database experience (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88p36-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.