Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Like to develop features that millions of customers depend upon? The Commerce group is a friendly, energetic engineering team responsible for the money side of the HBO Max streaming service. Our modern, React clients and Typescript services seamlessly onboard customers, manage their full lifecycle, and handle recurring billing. We're cross-location with team members in Seattle, New York, and Atlanta, and we work daily with HBO Max colleagues across the globe. We're looking for enthusiastic Engineers who have an interest in the commerce space and a passion for creating great software.
As a Staff Engineer on the HBO Max Lifecycle team, you will design and build solutions for managing the full customer lifecycle. As the central hub of the user management experience, your team will build services for transitioning customer state, and will work closely with ancillary teams to facilitate new subscriptions, renewals, cancellations and user messaging across all of our purchasing channels. Your services will be at the center of many common user flows, emphasizing a focus on performance and efficiency. By joining our team, you'll have a rare opportunity to make some of the world's best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly.
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your skillset.
• Get the opportunity to learn about and influence multiple areas of the product.
• Learn to evaluate multiple technical approaches and drive consensus with your engineering peers.
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience.
• Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers.
• Have experienced engineers close by to mentor you.
• Work with new features from a variety of commerce and technology partners
• Work with designers, product managers, and marketers to optimize the purchase experience.
• 2+ years of experience in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms.
• Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms.
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems.
• Be passionate about software engineering and the quality of your work, with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write.
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships.
• Seek self-improvement and be adaptable to suggestions and feedback.
The Nice to Haves
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science-related discipline
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed.
• Success in designing and building highly available systems at scale.
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies
• Experience building and deploying on AWS, including serverless