HBO Service Corporation seeks a Senior Software Engineer for the Code Labs Engineering department.
Design, develop, maintain, debug and implement new back-end software components for current and future applications and full stack systems. Convert requirements into working software components and applications. Create unit tests for software systems ensuring functionality, scalability and performance. Work closely with Senior Developers and Team Leads in completing all parts of the software development life cycle with high quality. This role is an integral part of the software development activities related to our full stack systems that serve HBO Max operational areas and Digital Products.
• Responsible for all aspects of the SDLC, including the creation of Architectural design, Development, Enhancements and Support of Enterprise level Applications and Databases.
• Analyzes functional requirements and business processes
• Prepares proposals to improve productivity and efficiency of system functionality and business processes
• Work with enterprise level clients to implement business process automation and web and database solutions
• Designs, develops, and implements scalable applications, integrated and cloud implementations using a broad range of technologies.
• Manages the systems development lifecycle for operational software solutions
• Provides guidance, training, and support to end-users
• Works with a matrix team of internal and external project resources across multiple regional locations
• Develop high-quality software components and artifacts.
• Design and update components for software systems. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
• Test, maintain and recommend software changes and improvements to ensure strong functionality, scalability and optimization
• Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
• Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
• Understand technical specifications and plans
• Analyze user requirements and convert requirements into software needs and tasks
• Provide comprehensive support to internal/external customers to achieve timely resolution to outstanding issues
• Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
• Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
• Multi-tasking and ability to adapt to AGILE development process with changing priorities
• Interface with system administrators and design architects to identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle for corporate and operational areas
• Independently install, customize and integrate commercial software packages to effectively automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
• Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Delivery methodology including monitoring systems and tools
• Follow strict code deployment practices and change management control procedures
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of IT experience in Enterprise Applications Architecture environments, distributed applications development, database development and infrastructure, and continuous integration and automation.
• Knowledge of the design and overall architecture of enterprise applications.
• Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills; must be proactive and take initiative.
• Able to assist in automating development, QA and release management tasks.
• Create consistent and accurate technical and end-user documentation of implemented applications
• Agile SDLC delivery experience.
• Basic experience and familiarity with back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies.
• Exposure and familiarity with Non-SQL database, and cloud DB solutions using Pipelines and related AWS cloud technology.
• Basic Experience working with AWS micro services solutions and technology.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
• Experience with development tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Grafana and Splunk.
• Multilingual a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93x1k-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.