Marketing Sr. Manager
Located in New York or LA and reporting to the Director of Social Media, the HBO and HBO Max Brand Marketing team is looking for a creative manager to generate original digital content for our sizable digital audiences across HBO and HBO Max Brand social channels.
This position will be responsible for writing, editing, pitching, producing and approving content for HBO and HBO Max brand social channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The Social Media Manager will be part of a team of writers, social strategists, and community managers who concept, develop, and produce content across social platforms. This Manager is a key partner to both the Program Marketing and Growth Marketing teams, working closely with those teams to generate content that spans the brand ecosystem and informing the editorial strategy within those journeys.
To be successful in this role, strong candidates must demonstrate a mastery of social media marketing as well as strong grammar and writing. They also must be able to act on consumer insights and performance results, and have a fluent understanding of the technology that powers today's most engaging digital experiences.
• Generate original content initiatives across HBO and HBO Max social channels in support of Brand Marketing efforts, all of which ladder up to HBO and HBO Max's brand goals and business metrics.
• Responsible for the development and execution of the HBO and HBO Max brand tone of voice in digital.
• Contribute to editorial strategy as well as the execution of daily content across brand social profiles.
• Serve as a liaison between all internal departments to ensure cohesive strategies and integrated campaigns.
• Effectively supervise junior staff, providing direction, managing workflow, and overseeing skill development.
• Work with the Director of Social Media and Director of Audience Development, on assessing data to improve content experiences and overall strategy.
• Partner with internal stakeholders across Consumer Marketing, CSR, Media Relations, Operations, and others including external agencies and platform representatives to develop and integrate original creative across social platforms.
• Identify industry insights and trends to define and refine channel approach.
• Experience at generating content strategy and publishing high-quality marketing activations with at least 4 years of relevant social media experience at an entertainment company, digital publisher or advertising/promotion agency is preferred.
• Demonstration of outstanding creative and editorial judgment and a forward-thinking attitude.
• The ability to effectively perform under pressure, identify and delegate tasks effectively, and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and ability to persuade key stakeholders; can collaborate effectively and efficiently.
• Process-minded and adept at operational effectiveness and problem solving.
• An ability to think both creatively and strategically.
• Proven track record of refining content strategies based on performance insights.
• Passionate about entertainment, popular culture, television, media, and cross-platform storytelling.
• Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
• Knowledge of the social media space, and a firm understanding of the trends powering today's interactive experiences.