VP Media Workflow & Strategy
Los Angeles, CA
Find out more information at HBOMax.com .
We are the team working on all the cool video details on the server side. If you know about or want to learn about video technologies like HLS and DASH or just want to work on the details of video processing, we are looking for Engineers like you.
As a Software Engineer on WarnerMedia's Video Processing team, you will build and support backend systems for processing millions of videos for our OTT streaming video applications including HBO Max. We are ensuring that videos are prepared and processed as fast as possible and look incredible on all our supported devices. By working on our team you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
• Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand your scope and influence
• Use your experience to make smart engineering decisions and own critical areas of a product used by millions of customers.
• Design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
• Influence technology, process, standards, and best practices.
• Ensure consistency of your team's' code and those teams you integrate with
• Have a deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms
• Ideate and innovate on complex software solutions
• Mentoring other engineers and helping define team software standards and engineering best practices
• Describe highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences in a way they can understand
• Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seek self-improvement and are adaptable to suggestions and feedback
• Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining friendly, respectful relationships
The Nice to Haves
• 4+ years in software engineering on shipped consumer products or platforms
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with 4+ years of relevant experience
• DevOps experience, where you've owned and operated the systems you've developed
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Success in delivering reliable, low-latency services at scale, operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with a variety of back-end persistence, queuing and networking technologies, especially Kubernetes and AWS
• Familiarity with Golang
• Knowledge of video streaming technologies and DRM systems (HLS, DASH, PlayReady, Fairplay, Widevine)
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.