We are the team creating the next generation of content management tools for HBO Max. Our infrastructure and tools help editors create great content for our customers. We build tools that allow our marketing and publishing teams give our customers the best experience possible. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to help us meet our challenges of scalability, internationalization and simplifying complex tasks.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be driving technical direction, architecting solutions for large scalable systems worldwide. You will help define the overall CMS platform capabilities. You will also mentor, guide and help grow other engineers on the team. We are responsible for building software that curates and creates everything the user interacts with. Making easy to use, flexible tools that simplify complicated tasks is our primary goal. By working on our team, you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
• Design and maintain a platform that will let HBO Max provide customized content
• Implement systems and services that are transparent, flexible and easy to operate
• Work with the publishing and marketing teams to meet their goals and allow them to experiment on the platform.
• Work across teams, disciplines and the organization to build out your vision of the best streaming platform CMS in the world.
• Be fluent in SASS, React, Redux and be up to date on other modern front technologies
• Have experience mentoring more junior engineers
• Be able to document, communicate, breakdown and distribute your technical designs across the team and the organization
• Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
• Embrace standards where they make sense, and help evolve them where they need improvement
• Work in multiple languages and pick the right tool(s) for the job at hand
• Experience with at least one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP, Axure)
• Experience with NodeJS and / or Typescript
• Relational and / or non-relational database experience (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
• HBO exclusive events
• Paid time off to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8129-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.